Yeah! Finally the best hitchhiking race of the world is getting closer. Starting now you can sign up for Tramprennen 2019! We will close the registration at the end of July! So now it’s your job to tell your favorite travel-buddies and sign up as a team here.
It’s still a race!
You can’t wait to hitchhike? As a competition even better? You still want to support a wonderful NGO and see new places in Europe?
Perfect! You’re just right at the Tramprennen. But let’s stop the advertising…
If you want to know how all this hitchhiking-race exactly works read the following points:
- Depending on the final number of participants, there will be different routes leading to Bontida in Romania.
- On each route there will be round about 10 teams
- Each route consists of 6 stages, that will lead to the final destination over the 2 weeks.
- After each stage there will be a day-off, on which you can check out local sights, experience the culture or relax your tired thumb.
- Depending on your rank at each stage you will be awarded with points.
- Finally, the team with the most points wins the race. YEHAAW.
Sounds fairly easy, right!?
If you have some questions regarding the racemode anyhow. Just write us at: info @tramprennen.org or take a look in our FAQs.
The Free Route
This year there will be yet again a free route at Tramprennen. The free route will start in Görlitz and poses as an alternative to the classic racing routes. It is freer and relies on less rules, demands on the other hand from its participants to engage in more and open discussions with the other participants. Also, the ability to compromise and open mindedness is needed. To find out more read the following summary of the free route:
The free route differs in following points from the racing routes:
- there will be no set stages
- the stages will be set by the participants of the free route and will be decided democratically (you see there will be a lot of discussion and compromise here)
- There will be an alternative ranking system
- The biggest difference though: The teams will be switched on every stage, even though you have to run through the process of the online registration. On the last stage however you will hitchhike with your team, that you signed up with
For the free route you should bring with you:
- willingness to compromise and to follow the group’s decision
- joy of getting to know new people and hitchhike with (so far) unknown partners
- be prepared to hitchhike more and longer stages (some hitchhiking experience is recommended)
- as on all other routes as well: Fun!
However, in the case that there are not enough participants for the free route you will be assigned to the regular Görlitz routes if you had chosen the free route.
We can’t wait to see you on the road! Cheeerioo